Live chat is now standard for CX across industries. In addition to ecommerce and retail, live chat is in high demand for insurance, finance and travel sectors. More of these companies turn to live chat to increase accessibility and simplify support, taking the pressure off other communication channels and making customers feel their service is more personal.
Logicalware live chat is free, with unlimited automations and conversations every month. But we know that adding another channel to your platform may seem daunting, even if the price is right. With any new communication channel, agents require additional training, and workflows need to be put in place.
The overall positive research on live chat is hard to dispute. Live chat offers customers the instant gratification they want and streamlines conversations. We’ve compiled the latest statistics on live chat to show how important this channel is to customers and businesses.
- 79% of customers say that they prefer live chat because of the immediacy it provides. (Furst Person)
- 2 minutes is the average response time for live chat. The average response time for emails is 12 hours, and for social media, it’s 10 hours. (SuperOffice)
- 24% of consumers say long wait times are their biggest frustration. (Kayako)
- 42% of customers say that not having to wait on hold is a key reason why they prefer live chat. (Furst Person)
- 75% of people would prefer to use live online chat versus calling to speak with an agent. (Moxie Software 2014)
- 42% of online customers prefer live chat, compared to just 23% for email and 16% for social media or forums. (J.D. Power)
- 52% of millennials prefer live chat as their primary support channel over phone, social email or email. (Comm100)
- 73% is the percent of customers reporting satisfaction for support delivered via live chat, and those numbers drop to 61% for email and 44% for phone. (Econsultancy)
- 21% of all live chat requests were ignored across a study of 1,000 websites. (SuperOffice)
- 47% of customers haven’t had a positive live chat experience in the last month. (Kayako)
- 51% of consumers are more likely to buy again from a company simply if they offer live chat support. (Kayako 2017)
The numbers here show that investing in live chat, or including our free live chat within your support platform, is all but guaranteed to make customers happier. Simple for customers and agents alike, live chat is the next big step in customer support.
To find out more about Logicalware live chat, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if our live chat is right for your company, or contact us via our live chat, located in the bottom right corner! There is no more simple and effective way to connect instantly to your customers on a personal level than with live chat.